Saturday, May 23, 2009

Saturday's My Fun Day...

Well, not really. I'm not made to have fun.












I was wondering about the characters I'd like to see in a "Saturday Morning Cartoon" context...I mean, Saturday mornings as we kids from the 1970s remember them, instead of how they actually were. Saturday mornings and cartoons, well, that was damn near Christmas throughout the year. I mean, Christmas without the inevitable post-present opening mother backlash with her screaming at you to get dressed to go to the family Christmas dinner, and calling you ungrateful and selfish because you're an only child who just wants to play with his toys. No, Saturday mornings didn't have that part, but the excitement...that they had.









So, here's some stuff I wish had been on Saturday Morning Cartoons:






































COMMANDER STEEL!



















































THE TIMELY HERO POWER HOUR

































CAPTAIN SPECTRE!

































THE NIGHT RIDER!


































CLOUDBUSTER!














All by Hanna Barbara, of course.















1 comment:

Chad Carter said...

Undoubtedly!

Also: NOVA THE HUMAN ROCKET!